Category: Tech Tips
Published on Wednesday, 25 August 2010 03:59
Written by Carl Cardey
Below is a list of 10 keyboard shortcuts that will help you increase your productivity by eliminating the need to reach for the mouse.
- CTRL + C will copy text after it has been highlighted.
- CTRL + V will paste text that you have copied.
- CRTL + Z will undo any change that you have done.
- CTRL + ESC will bring up the Start Menu.
- SHIFT + F3 will turn all capitalized text into lowercase.
- SHIFT + DELETE will delete an item immediately without placing it in the Recycle Bin.
- ALT + TAB will bring up a Window with a list of icons representing programs which are currently running on your computer. While holding the ALT key, press and depress the TAB button to cycle between each icon task.
- ALT + ESC will switch to the next task running on your computer. Hold down ALT before pressing and depressing the ESC key to cycle to the next task.
- CTRL + ALT + DELETE will bring up Task Manager and allow you to end a process (terminate a program) if it has crashed or has stopped responding. Select the process which has stopped responding, and then press "END PROCESS".
- SHIFT + INSERT will paste any text that is in your clipboard. Your cursor must also be placed in an area that will accept keyboard input for this to work.
Carl Cardey - Tech Tips